Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Final Reflections, Session 2

For my final reflections this time, I decided to use what I think is the Coolest new Tool in my Toolbox, a green screen video:


Okay, it's not perfect.  But definitely buying the green St. Patrick's Day tablecloth from Party City made my background/foreground issues easier to deal with.  I think I did okay with the Chroma and transparency adjustments, and my eyes are no longer portals into hell.  I like the look.

I realize I SHOULD use a script when doing this, because I am a little nervous when recording myself.  The "take" I used was the best of about six.  And for some reason the animated GIF that I created with one of the lessons is presented in the background as a static image.

The last video -- the screencast -- that I included as a background --  hmmmm. I wish I could have muted the volume a little, but perhaps because it was such a huge file, the doInk green screen program would not allow me to turn down the sound. I hate that, as foreground David Ames is speaking to the camera, background David Ames is trying to present a lesson to his absent students.  Too many voices.

I did have some difficulty in manipulating the files as I was putting this together, but some of that I attribute to spotty internet service.  I think that in the future if I create the materials at work, instead of at home, I will be able to deal with some of these glitches more easily.

I have really enjoyed the work I have done in this workshop, and I intend to continue to sharpen my tools, and to implement these lessons in my class with my students.

Thank you for the opportunity for an old dog to learn a few new tricks.

                                                                         -- David


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! What a great resource tool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work! Now I'm trying to figure out how you could have turned off the sound on the screencast in the background. I'm sure there's a way! Nevertheless, great job on all your work

    ReplyDelete